News & Events
This event has unfortunately been cancelled due to COVID-19. We plan to host our symposium in 2021. Please stay tuned for updates.
At our annual symposium, attendees network and discuss the latest trends and innovations in sport science. The symposium is geared toward industry partners, athletic leaders and U-M faculty, researchers, clinicians and staff who work in exercise and sport science.
Junge Family Champions Center
333 E. Stadium Blvd.
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Additional Sport Science Events
MIDAS & ESSI Seminar–Monday, October, 12, 4-5 PM
ESSI Fall Panel Series (September, October, November)
First Panel Discussion: Thursday, September 24, 2020
- Topic: Keeping youth physically active during COVID-19
- Event announcement
- Watch the panel discussion recording
- Watch Rebecca Hasson’s video on youth physical activity
Second Panel Discussion: Monday, October 19, 2020
- Time: 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
- Topic: Athlete Return-to-Play During COVID-19
- Format: Zoom (link sent following registration)
- Moderator: Adam Lepley, U-M Clinical Assistant Professor, Applied Exercise Science, Athletic Training, and Movement Science; Director of the ESSI Michigan Performance Research Laboratory
- Darryl Conway: Senior Associate Athletic Director and Chief Health and Welfare Officer, U-M Athletic Dept.
- Georgia Giblin: Director of Performance Science, Detroit Tigers
- Andrea Osters: Assistant Director, Michigan High School Athletic Association
- Rebecca Stearns: Assistant Professor in Residence, Dept. of Kinesiology; Chief Operating Officer, Korey Stringer Institute, University of Connecticut