News & Events
Sport Science Events
Sport & Organization Dynamics Institute (SODI)
Spring and Summer 2021 Seminar Series
“Sport Leadership During & Emerging From Crises – Series II”
10:00-11:15 AM ET
Topics to be addressed at the SODI seminar series:
- May 25: How effective is a “Playbook for Dealing with Crises” in reality?
- June 1: Crises present personal and societal challenges which result in typical sport objectives appearing to be unimportant; how does one motivate?
- June 8: What can we learn from sport leaders who have successfully adapted to dramatic changes?
- June 16: How the Super Bowl Champions dealt with crises
- June 22: How to support athletes coping with extreme disappointment (e.g., cancelation of the Olympics)
- June 29: We have been exposed to many best practices in the SODI seminar sessions. How can such practices be successfully adopted and implemented?
Specifics concerning SODI and the seminar series can be found on the SODI website.
Seminar Series I Video Clips:
Fall 2020 and Winter 2021 ESSI Panel Series
First Panel Discussion: Thursday, September 24, 2020
- Topic: Keeping youth physically active during COVID-19
- Event announcement
- Watch the panel discussion recording
- Watch Rebecca Hasson’s video on youth physical activity
This event has unfortunately been cancelled due to COVID-19. We plan to host our symposium in 2021. Please stay tuned for updates.
At our annual symposium, attendees network and discuss the latest trends and innovations in sport science. The symposium is geared toward industry partners, athletic leaders and U-M faculty, researchers, clinicians and staff who work in exercise and sport science.
Junge Family Champions Center
333 E. Stadium Blvd.
Ann Arbor, MI 48104