New for 2023
Vestibulum ac diam sit amet quam vehicula elementum sed sit amet dui. Mauris blandit aliquet elit, eget tincidunt nibh pulvinar a.
Topics in Human Performance
Course Number: AES 313.006
(Kinesiology, Applied Exercise Science)
Time and Location: TBD
Credit Hours: *3 units *General elective units – confirm with major/school academic advisor
An introduction to a variety of topics in the science and practice of improving human athletic performance. These topics include training, recovery, nutrition, analysis, and performance support.
Expert guest speakers with applied experience in each topic area
- University of Virginia (UVA) Men’s Basketball Head Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Professional Business Owner (NCAA D1 Track and Field Coaching Experience)
- Performance and Development Scientist at Orlando Magic NBA Team
- University of Kentucky Director for the Sport and Exercise Psychology Graduate Program
- And Others
Note: Due to professional and/or personal obligations the list of presenters may change.
- Topic 1: Training – Theory
- Topic 2: Training – Endurance
- Topic 3: Training – Strength and Power
- Topic 4: Overtraining
- Topic 5: Sleep
- Topic 6: Nutrition
- Topic 7: Psychology
- Topic 8: Coaching
- Topic 9: Equipment
- Topic 10: Performance Analysis
- Topic 11: Adaptive Performance
- Topic 12: Lifespan Changes
Meet the Instructor and Course Designer
Dr. Alexandra DeJong Lempke is a Faculty member with Exercise & Sport Science Initiative (ESSI) in the School of Kinesiology who is designing and will be teaching the new courses. Please view their video on the exciting new courses that will begin to be offered this coming winter term 2023.
Questions about Our Academic Courses?
For further inquiries, email ESSI-Courses@umich.edu, or check our Course FAQ